the bailey bunch kids

the bailey bunch kids

Monday, November 17, 2008

letting go . . .

okay, so half the reason i started staying home was to be able to go on school field trips with my kids . . . okay, not half, but that was a big bonus! :) well, ken's first field trip was today and NO parents were allowed. i was devastated, but only for a day or so and then i started realizing that this is just one of the many things to come where i need to begin to let go.

today was a string of firsts for ken -
first time riding on a school bus
first time traveling downtown without mom/dad
first "sack lunch" - she was so adamant that EVERYTHING be able to be thrown away! :)
first time to the paramount theatre
first real theatre production

she came home soooo excited and loved every minute of it. i think she also loved that i wasn't there. it was a day she could share with the family . . . but something only she experienced. so i played the part of the happy mom at the end of the school day . . . wanting her to recount every detail of the day, trying not to think about how much she is growing up and how much i am having to begin letting go.

6 comments:

Jill said...

You're killing me!!!!!!!!! Hate thinking about such Kinder Mom woes!

Liz said...

awww...I know exactly how you feel.

Stefanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

holy crow, i have goose bumps from head to toe, and now that i am typing i am totally tearing up. how in the world did she grow up so stinkin' fast? it's just her, right? okay, denile...

Unknown said...

OMG, I can't even think about! Hang it there, Mom.....!! I have no other advise. Somehow, mothers everywhere have survived this! But, I'm with you, we are not near kinder yet, but the thought of them growing up... just breaks my heart!!

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Will we EVER feel comfortable with the thought our babies being out in the "real world" all by themselves? I don't think so. I'm positive I'll feel the same way when that day comes. Hugs!!!