the bailey bunch kids

the bailey bunch kids

Thursday, October 1, 2009

kicking off october . . . countdown to halloween!

Posted by Picasa
okay, so halloween is one of my favorite holidays! (second only to christmas!) i love all of the fun traditions we've created . . . and the new ones we seem to add each year! :) so, october 1st was the big kickoff! a breakfast of bat wings, mummy guts, and boo juice and then kam got to open the first door to the haunted house! :) all the girls were decked out in their halloween tees (b.c. was asleep . . . but had one on too!) poor kam was convinced it was halloween day and wanted more candy when the girls got home. . . kam and i made the snack for the afternoon . . . boo brownies . . . have to admit, they came out pretty cute! :) the girls loved them! :) we had a cool dinner . . . okay, it didn't come out looking exactly like the picture, but i'll do better next time . . . it was supposed to look like a pumpkin . . . sloppy jacks! :) (i found the cutest little cook/idea books in the dollar section at target . . .) they were actually pretty good! :) even my picky eaters ate them . . . after a bit of protesting! :) okay, if a thursday can be this much fun i can't wait to see how much fun we have 30 days from now! :)

3 comments:

The Houstons said...

You are by far the most creative person I know! How lucky your kiddos are to have you for a mom. I am inspired to do something fun everytime I read your blog. Love you!

Stefanie said...

what a fun kickoff to the holiday!!! cute ideas...can't wait to try out some of those cute recipes too. :)

Jill said...

Aww you are so awesome! I'll never forget walking into your home at Halloween time! My kids don't experience that much decking out! Speaking of I am actually falling behind a little! I may just go ahead and get Christmas stuff out at the rate our life is going right now!